What is Homeless Helping Homeless, Inc. (HHH) ?
HHH is a 501(c)(3) homeless housing provider headquartered in Tampa, FL since 2009. Our agency is just 1 of only 14 peer run crisis organizations in the United States.
We begin with offering emergency housing to the homeless and move them through transitional, and then into permanent housing making them homeless no more. This program was designed even for individuals without job or money.
OVERVIEW OF THE HHH PERMANENT HOUSING MODEL
- HHH offers 7 days of free emergency housing to the homeless who have no money or job.
- During this time period, we offer nonjudgmental practical help and stabilizing support in a home setting for anyone from first time homeless to Tampa’s most chronic cases.
- After 7 days, clients are able to move into our transitional program for 21 additional free days.
- Clients are required to look for employment and volunteer 3 hours per day, morning or afternoon shift. (There is an exception for clients who have a disability.)
- After 4 weeks, the client transitions to permanent housing at a different location and is now a tenant.
- The tenant will have a private room.
- The tenant will be given a lease agreement. (This will allow them to be homeless no more.)
- If the tenant does not have employment at this time, they will continue to volunteer 3 hours a day for 5 days a week. This will allow them to receive an HHH housing voucher to cover their rent.
- Tenants will volunteer their supervised time picking up trash in county public spaces.
THE END GOAL OF THIS PROGRAM IS GETTING INDIVIDUALS OFF THE STREET INTO PERMANENT HOUSING. WHILE THE MODEL IS SELF-SUSTAINING, DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO HELP US EXPAND.